Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

8th & I

3 rounds, each for time, of:

18 thrusters (100)
18 pull-ups

Rest 2 minutes between rounds

1.  1.21
2.  1.25
3.  3.22

Notes:  Well, as can be seen, the Aerobic Freight Train made an unexpected stop at Beatdownsville during the third round.  This workout absolutely ROCKED me!  I had a feeling that this workout would be harder than it looked, but never anticipated that I'd be sitting in the corner of the gym for 30 minutes post-workout trying to recover.  I stormed through the first round unbroken.  I'm very happy with that pace.  I didn't feel that bad during the first two-minute rest period either.  I felt like a boxer sitting in the corner between rounds.  I stormed through the second round unbroken; however, I had to expend a ton of energy to do so.  I barely locked out my 18th thruster and barely got my chin over the bar on the 18th pull-up.  My buddy Kris was at the gym and said that I did not look good during the second two-minute rest period.  The third round was an absolute shit-show.  I did 10 thrusters and then had to drop the bar.  I knew I was in trouble at that point and needed to back off a bit or else I would get sick.  My thrusters went 10/4/4 and my pull-ups went 5/4/3/3/3.  It's hard to describe what happened to me in that third round.  It wasn't really a specific muscle group that failed on me.  Sure, my legs, shoulders, triceps, and grip were getting fatigued.  But, what really stopped me was this tidal wave of fatigue that hit me.  Very similar to the feeling I had on Open Workout 13.5 when I just couldn't do thrusters anymore.  On the plus side, I was very happy with how easy the thrusters felt in terms of leg strength and pressing.  Now, I need to figure out what I can do to ensure that I can keep up the same kind of pace in the third round that I maintained in the first two rounds.  Any CrossFitter can look good for a round or two, but the good CrossFitters perform well in what I call the "championship rounds."      

No comments:

Post a Comment