Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

8th & I

? rounds of:

5 strict pull-ups
Rest 1 minute
10 ring push-ups
Rest 1 minute

5 rounds, for time, of:

30 double-unders
Farmers' walk 50 yards (60# KBs)
30 Ab-mat sit-ups
Farmers' walk 50 yards 

13.12

Notes:  I read an article today about rotator cuff health for CrossFitters and realized that I haven't been incorporating enough strict pull-ups, horizontal pulling, and shoulder stability work.  I used a "?" in my programming and went as far as I could before I couldn't complete the reps unbroken.  And, form had to be perfect (legs straight with toes pointed on strict pull-ups -- no pulling the knees up and reaching with the chin).  I completed 4 rounds and then 3 strict pull-ups and 5 ring push-ups.  Used a box under my feet on ring push-ups so I would be level.  The next segment was "for time," but not really.  I used farmers' walks to focus on posture and grip.  I walk at a very moderate pace with perfect mechanics -- shoulder blades pulled back and down, head neutral, and proper pelvic tilt.  Some people do farmers' walks more as moving from point A to point B as fast as possible with weights in their hands.  Don't have specific data, but heart rate stayed moderate throughout the workout and I'd be shocked if it ever approached 165.  Transitioned quickly between exercises but didn't rush (a "gentle tenacity?").  Gym has pairs of 50s, 60s, 70s, and 80s for kettlebells, so I can go a little heavier next time, if needed.  Rowing tomorrow and then back to some heavier barbell work on Thursday.               

No comments:

Post a Comment