Thursday, September 26, 2013

Thursday, September 26, 2013

8th & I

Power snatch 15 x 2 @ 80% (OTM)

140

Squat 2 x 5 @ 65%; 3 x 5 @ 70%

200; 215

Front squat 4 x 5 @ 60%

160

Notes:  Legs weren't sore today, but they were a bit dead from yesterday's rowing.  Power snatches were okay.  Need to be able to bang away at this weight, but my strength/power levels aren't quite there yet.  Nice easy day on squatting and I cycled through the reps and sets quickly.  I suppose these types of days are important over the course of the 12-week program.  The volume is light, but you're still honing the movement pattern and staying fresh.  Had considered some OTM-style skill/conditioning, but opted to quit while I was ahead.  Some aerobic restoration on the rowing machine tomorrow and then some pretty serious workouts planned for the weekend.   

No comments:

Post a Comment