Thursday, September 12, 2013

Thursday, September 12, 2013

8th & I

Squat 1 x 4 @ 75%; 3 x 4 @ 80%

230; 245

Front squat 1 x 5 @ 60%; 1 x 5 @ 65%; 2 x 5 @ 70%

160; 170; 185

20 minutes (alternating OTM):  10 push-ups & 15 box jumps (24)

Notes:  Felt like a vegetable most of the day following yesterday's brutal workout.  It goes to show how quickly too hard of a workout can derail your training progress if you're not careful.  I was able to regroup a bit in the afternoon and get my work in.  Very moderate day in terms of the weight and reps, which was welcomed.  My legs were shot from yesterday's thrusters.  Also, my surgically reconstructed knee has been giving me some trouble.  It started flaring up after beach volleyball, and has continued to stay swollen.  No pain; just swelling.  I'm going to be aggressive with the ice massage and ibuprofen to see if I can nip it in the bud.  Good to be back on the OTM work.  This was the type of thing I did a lot of last year that worked really well for me.  Pair up two basic CrossFit movements and find the rep scheme that keeps your heart rate elevated throughout the course of the 20 minutes but never crossing over pain threshold.  This type of training helps you build volume and comfort with the basic movements and also helps with overall conditioning.  I'm very much looking forward to a recovery row tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment