Saturday, September 7, 2013

Saturday, September 7, 2013

8th & I

Bar muscle-ups 5 x 3 (every 90 seconds)

? minutes (alternating OTM):  8 push presses (135) & 8 T2B

Notes:  Kept things moderate today after quite a bit of volume yesterday.  My bar muscle-ups didn't have the explosiveness that they sometimes have, but they got better on the last few sets (video is of the first two sets).  When I remember to keep my legs as straight as possible with my feet glued together (and glutes engaged), I get a much more explosive kip.  I like bar muscle-ups because they help reinforce the proper mechanics for a non-false grip muscle-up.  I ended up going for 14 minutes on the OTM-style work.  I used a "?" in my programming because I didn't have a set number of minutes.  Instead, I decided to let the T2B dictate how long I would go.  So long as the T2B were unbroken, I'd continue working.  I could feel the T2B starting to break down on the 14th minute, so I opted to call it quits there instead of actually failing.  Push presses were crazy strong today -- 135 isn't usually that light for me, but I banged out 56 solid reps today.  Big squatting day tomorrow.        

No comments:

Post a Comment