Thursday, September 5, 2013

Thursday, September 5, 2013

8th & I

5 x 3 power cleans (185) + AMRAP HSPUs (OT3M)

15 + 6 + 6 + 4 + 6 = 37 total HSPUs

Squat 1 x 6 @ 65%; 1 x 6 @ 75%; 2 x 6 @ 80%

200; 230; 245

Front squat 1 x 5 @ 60%; 1 x 5 @ 65%; 2 x 5 @ 70%

160; 170; 185

Notes:  Power cleans and HSPUs are a great combination, and this format keeps things moving along at a nice clip.  Horsed around the power cleans at 185.  I liked this camera angle because it shows that I'm doing a better job of getting some posterior chain involvement.  Still working on pulling the knees back at the start to engage the hamstrings.  Nice quiet feet today.  Cranked out a set of 15 HSPUs on the first round, which is a personal best.  My kip is slightly better, but I'm still not getting the hips involved enough.  I'm basically just bending my knees and then extending them.  There needs to be some hip flexion in order for there to be a truly powerful kip.  The drop-off was pretty severe on my reps.  Need to keep working the pressing strength and endurance.  I'll revisit this workout in a few months to see if I can bang out more total reps.  It was just a "get the work in" day on squatting.  Thursdays are a bit easier than Sundays on this program, but they're still not easy by any means.  I've got a double on the menu at 290 this Sunday, which should be quite a treat.  Still up in the air about whether I'm going to hit the gym tomorrow for my snatch/wall ball workout.  Depending upon how I feel in the morning, I may just row tomorrow and then hit the workout on Saturday.       

No comments:

Post a Comment