Thursday, September 19, 2013

Thursday, September 19, 2013

Airdyne 45 minutes (aerobic restoration)

Notes:  This was one of the most enjoyable workouts I've had in quite some time.  It was a gorgeous day on Cape Cod, so we moved the Airdyne out of the basement and onto the back porch.  I felt amazing being outdoors with the sun on my face and body.  I held steady between 55-58 RPMs (monitor was a bit all over the place because of the wind outside) and actually allowed my heart rate to touch 155 toward the end of the piece.  Spent a good deal of the piece in the 145+ range.  While this is probably a little high for "aerobic restoration," I was okay with it because it felt so relaxed and was so enjoyable.  There was no grinding at all.  I wasn't expecting to get in a workout today, so it was a total bonus.      

No comments:

Post a Comment