Saturday, September 28, 2013

Saturday, September 28, 2013

8th & I

5 rounds, for time, of:

9 burpees
6 hang power cleans (155)
3 thrusters

12.22

Notes:  This was a repeat from last November when I finished in 13.55.  Really "played" this one well today.  Kept burpees under control and focused on getting lots of air (down, breath, up, breath, jump, breath, etc.).  Point of emphasis was to transition immediately into burpees after dropping the bar from thrusters.  This was the best I've ever felt, by far, on hang power cleans.  Multiple reps of barbell movements from the hang is usually a struggled for me, but I moved through all rounds unbroken today without having to resort to any crazy-wide receiving positions.  Took the majority of my rest before performing the thrusters.  My positioning is much improved on these as I had a great rack position today and maintained an upright torso.  Went unbroken on all thrusters.  So, looking back, I went unbroken on all movements today and the speed of the movements themselves was okay.  The only way to get faster is to improve transition times.  There was a lot of standing around catching my breath today.  I probably should've moved faster into the thrusters, but 155 is a monster load on thrusters and I had to respect it.  Still need to improve what I call "global" conditioning, which is that ability to keep pounding deep into CrossFit workouts with an elevated heart rate.        

No comments:

Post a Comment