Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Muscle-ups on a Beautiful Afternoon at 8th & I!

8th & I

Muscle-ups 6 x 2 (every 90 seconds)

Jerk (heavy single in 20 minutes)

205

15 minutes (rotating OTM):  15 push-ups, 50 double-unders, & 10 hollow rocks 

Notes:  This was a nice, clean session.  My body is a little banged up from quite a bit of activity over the past few days, so I didn't want to push it too hard today.  I was very excited to drill my new style of muscle-ups (no false-grip).  I was a little bummed at first that they weren't crisper; however, I quickly realized that this was really my first time ever doing them, and going 6 for 6 on doubles is a great starting point.  As can be seen from the video, I'll able to get a much bigger kip now.  I'm "breaking" a bit with my lower half instead of keeping rigid legs with the toes pointed.  Also, I'm a little "loopy" with my turnover instead of snapping forward once the rings meet my hips.  Ben Brown was telling me this weekend that, once you're at the top, you need to allow your legs to swing forward and then fall backwards.  This spits you out back into the next kip.  I'll keep working on these, as well as bar muscle-ups.  Only took about 12 minutes on the split jerk today.  My arms were a little hot from all of the pulling yesterday, so I hit a clean rep at 205 and called it quits.  Went unbroken on the first 4 rounds of push-ups.  Need to lengthen my jump rope slightly, as it kept clipping my shoes today.  Back on the rowing machine tomorrow.       

No comments:

Post a Comment