Sunday, December 22, 2013

Sunday, December 22, 2013

CrossFit Hyannis

5 rounds, not for time, of:

2 muscle-ups
4 Turkish get-ups (53)

Push press 8 x 3 @ 70% (OTM)

155

4 rounds (RPE 8) of:

6 C2Bs
6 burpees (hand-release)
9 T2B
24 double-unders
Rest 90 seconds

Notes:  Muscle-ups were better today, but still not back to where they were in Washington.  Failed the second rep on the last set.  I'm getting too much "rolling" action and not enough "pop."  I plan to use a push jerk in the Open for overhead work, but I still thinks it's good to train some push presses to emphasize the lock-out.  C2Bs felt better today; however, T2B failed early in the third round.  While I am making good progress in my leg strength, Olympic lifting, and aerobic capacity, I feel as though my gymnastics volume is simply not where it needs to be to succeed in the Open.  Will address this problem with some remedial pulling work.

No comments:

Post a Comment