Sunday, December 1, 2013

Sunday, December 1, 2013

Fitness 500

4 x 5 clusters (115) + 10 T2B (OT2M)

4 x 5 clean & jerk (115) + 10 box jumps (30) (OT2M)

Notes:  Totally underestimated this one.  Clusters are absolutely brutal.  There's just so much range of motion.  I felt strong on each rep; however, the cumulative impact caught me in the third round.  Body went "cold" and I was zapped for the rest of the session.  Clusters and T2B is a brutal combination on the midline and grip, too.  Rested about 10 minutes before the second segment, but it simply wasn't enough to recover.  Slogged my way through the C&J and box jumps.  Was supposed to squat afterwards -- that obviously didn't happen!  While my aerobic capacity and overall strength capacity continues to improve, this workout exposed me a bit in the middle domain.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Ben,

    What's a cluster?

    Thanks,
    Paul

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a clean-thruster. Just a brutal movement with a huge range of motion. Felt like I was spinning in a washing machine.

      Delete