Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Garage

Front squat 8 x 2 @ 75% (OTM)

200

5 x 3-position clean @ 70-80% (rest 2 minutes)

150, 155, 160, 165, 170

4 x AMRAP power cleans (135) in 30 seconds (rest 90 seconds)

9, 9, 9, 8

Notes:  Strange combination of fresh legs combined with a body that hasn't been able to stomach any food for almost 5 days.  I think I'm finally in the clear now and can fully resume training.  First time ever squatting before performing one of the Olympic lifts.  The front squats, themselves, weren't that great.  However, my clean complexes felt amazing.  The weight felt light in the bottom (since I had just did heavier squats) and I was bouncing out of the hole with speed and confidence.  Positions were high-hang, mid-thigh, and 2 inches below the knee.  Focused on getting the feet stationary on the power clean piece.  This actually helped with hip extension.  Unfortunately, grip became the limiting factor toward the end and I had to break 7/2 and 5/1/1/1 on the last two sets.  

No comments:

Post a Comment