Saturday, January 11, 2014

Saturday, January 11, 2014

Fitness 500 (am)

Push press + push jerk (heavy as possible in 15 minutes)

205(pr)

Squat 1 x 6 @ 65%; 1 x 4 @ 75%; 1 x 2 @ 85%; 1 x AMRAP @ 83% (set terminates if you deviate from "1011" tempo)

205; 235; 270; 6 reps @ 260

2 x AMRAP in 2 minutes of:

6 thrusters (115)
6 over-the-box jumps (24)
6 push-ups (hand-release)

Rest 4 minutes between AMRAPs

2 rounds + 3 thrusters, 2 rounds + 2 thrusters

Bank Street Beach (pm)

60-minute brisk walk with Sayde

Notes:  "A" training session this morning with Bobby.  Previous best push press was 195 -- same with push jerk.  Incredible for me to do a 1 + 1 with 205.  Had to chase the push jerk in front of me a bit, but I got it!  Squats were solid today, too.  The set of 6 at 260 was one of my better squat sets ever.  Never deviated from tempo and the sixth rep was a marathon grinder.  The overhead work and squatting obviously taxed me quite a bit heading into the AMRAPs, but I pulled it together nicely.  Should've gotten through the thrusters on the third rounds -- would've been an "A+" training session.  You wouldn't think it, but the push-ups were actually a real issue in this workout.  They are tough on the core (essentially a plank hold) and burn out the triceps.  This leaves you with only hips on the thrusters.  Really enjoyed having Bobby coach me through this one.

Beautiful restorative walk with Sayde right along the water line.  Waves were crashing right next to us.  Nice to clear my head, flush out the legs, get some low-level aerobic work, and spend some quality time with my puppy!






No comments:

Post a Comment