Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Airdyne 45 minutes (Z1) (am)

CrossFit Hyannis (pm)

"CrossFit Games Open Workout 11.4"

AMRAP in 10 minutes of:

60 bar-facing burpees
30 OHS (120)
10 muscle-ups

Score:  90 reps

Notes:  Felt great on the Z1 work this morning.  Aerobic system is feeling powerful right now.  Touched heart rate of 144 toward end of piece.  I think my walks with Sayde are doing more to compliment the aerobic system than anticipated.

Awesome coincidence that CrossFit Hyannis had the same workout programmed for tonight that I had scheduled.  Opted to wear my sneakers on this one.  This helped with burpees, but made the bottom position of OHS much more difficult. I stayed aerobic on the burpees and cruised through without stopping in about 5 minutes.  Bar-facing burpees, if you didn't know, require the athlete to remain perpendicular to the barbell when performing the burpee.  Then, the athlete must jump off of two feet and land on the other side of the barbell with two feet.  I'm not exactly sure why, but this is significantly more difficult than a standard burpee.  Broke the OHS 12/7/6/5, and this was the difference maker tonight.  This needed to be broken into no more than three sets.  Too much time elapses when you drop the barbell.  I finished the OHS with about 1.15 remaining, which left me with a minute to perform muscle-ups.  I failed all three attempts utilizing a non-false-grip style.  This was a great learning experience for me as I will no longer be using these this season.  I did some false-grip ones post-workout and got on top of the rings with no problem.  If this comes up again, I'll need to push harder on the OHS and crank muscle-ups with a false-grip.  95+ reps if feasible for me.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Ben,

    Nice...

    Isn't that 100 reps?

    V Jr

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, 60 burpees + 30 OHS = 90 reps. I was unable to get any muscle-ups within the 10-minute cap.

      Delete
  2. Oh...sorry...I thought you got 10.

    ReplyDelete