Sunday, January 26, 2014

Sunday, January 26, 2014

Fitness 500

AMRAP in 5 minutes of:

3 power snatches (115)
6 T2B
9 box jumps (24)

5 rounds + 3 power snatches

Notes:  Pretty good effort today.  Had some additional stuff programmed, but this zapped all of my energy.  I went unbroken for the most part, but it's amazing how heavy 115# can start to feel when your heart rate is jacked.  Stumbled on a few box jumps and fell backwards before completing the rep.  This was a good chance to test my boundaries a bit.  I'm still not sure what I'm capable of on these types of condition pieces, but I'm starting to learn.  

My goal at the beginning of the week was to get in all five Invictus workouts plus daily aerobic work.  I was only able to manage four due to fatigue, weather (snow day), and a head cold.  I also only did three aerobic sessions.  This is obviously disappointing when you look back on it.  That being said, I did set a few PRs (power clean 5 RM (185) and push jerk 1RM (215)) and had two high-quality conditioning workouts.  I'll see if I can step things up this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment