Sunday, January 19, 2014

Sunday, January 19, 2014

Rest day.

Notes:  Decided it was best to rest today before beginning the new week of training tomorrow.  I'm learning the importance of resting a day before the Monday workout (which I sometimes do Tuesday) and Friday workout (which I do Saturday).  Otherwise, it's just too much pounding on the upper body.  I agree that the programming needs to include tons of gymnastics volume -- it's simply a matter of ensuring that there's a rest day at the prescribed time.  

Here we stand exactly six weeks out from the first Open workout.  My understanding is that the intensity is about to increase.  This should be a good week in terms of scheduling as I'll be in Barnstable all week and should be able to do my aerobic work in the mornings.  My palm is to use this week to try to handle all of the programming.  If it proves to be too much, then I'll adjust next week.  Let's go!

No comments:

Post a Comment