Monday, November 11, 2013

Monday, November 11, 2013

Fitness 500

Pause squat 1 x 5 @ 50%; 1 x 3 @ 60%; 1 x 2 @ 70%; 1 x 2 @ 75%; 3 x 2 @ 80%

160; 190; 220; 235; 250

AMRAP in 6 minutes of:

12 DB snatches (60)
12 over-the-box jumps (24)

4 rounds

Notes:  I really enjoyed the pause squats.  They force you to stay tight rather than collapsing into the bottom.  I did a 3-second pause on each rep and had to work very hard on the doubles at 250.  I'll be looking for some different types of squatting to do over the next few weeks.  The metcon was a total quad-burner.  Over-the-box jumps tax the legs way more than regular box jumps, and I'm not really sure why.  Even the jump off the box seems difficult.  I tried my best to keep moving and then emptied the tank at the end to just finish the fourth round as time expired.  Bobby coached me through it and that really helped me with the final round.  Looking for a good flush on the Airdyne tomorrow morning.  

1 comment:

  1. Not really impressed with this one..tee hee...

    Just kidding...actually squats were quite beautiful.

    ReplyDelete