Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Row 5K

19.53.3; 1.59.3 (23) (184)

Notes:  Yikes!  This was a bit of a suck-fest.  Heart rate hit 170 only about 1,250 meters and hit 180 just past the 2K mark.  Sat in the 180-184 range for entire second half of the piece, which is quite a long time to be banging away at such a high intensity level.  Quads were really hot -- probably still filled with some lactic acid from yesterday's tempo "Grace."  Actually maintained negative splits on each 1K.  It wasn't a goal or anything, but I found it interesting.  Quality 10-minute warm-up in Z1, but it simply wasn't enough to make up for my lack of rowing last week.  I almost feel like I need to be rowing (or on the Airdyne) just about every single day in order to maintain my aerobic form.  I was in great form just a few weeks ago, but have regressed slightly.  Just need to stay consistent.   

No comments:

Post a Comment