Friday, October 25, 2013

Friday, October 25, 2013

Row 5K

19.50.7; 1.59.0 (24) (181)

Notes:  It has taken a while, but I'm finally starting to feel like an actual Aerobic Freight Train.  Very positive heart rate data tonight.  Didn't hit 160 until the 1K mark; 170 until the 2K mark; 175 until the 3K mark; and 180 until past the 4K mark.  Things leveled off at that point.  This is in contrast to October 9th when I hit 180 just past the 2K mark and then had to battle the mid-180s for the entire second half of the piece.  Negative splits tonight, too.  Very good effort for a Friday night.  Definitely feel ready to test my 2K on Monday.  I've found a very good weekly format for my rowing:  one interval day, one aerobic restoration day, and one day where I practice actual race/test distance.  I can manipulate the interval day based on whether I want to work speed or aerobic.  And, I can skip the day where I practice actual race/test distance if I don't have enough energy.       

No comments:

Post a Comment