Saturday, October 19, 2013

Saturday, October 19, 2013

8th & I

3 rounds, for time, of:

15 thrusters (100)
12 burpees
9 pull-ups

?

Notes:  So frustrating!  The camera and timer stopped working 25 seconds into the workout!  As a result, I have no actual data on this workout.  I completed this same workout in 8.44 last November (thrusters were done at 95#).  I'm pretty sure I got under that this time around; however, I can't be sure.  Thrusters felt strong today, both legs and pressing.  I went  unbroken on the first round and then broke 5/5/5 and 5/4/3/3.  It was more of a global conditioning issue than a muscle failure issue.  Burpees were brutal on the heels of the thrusters.  I never stopped moving, but I was moving awfully slow.  Pull-ups were unbroken and not bad at all.  I did a good job of transitioning between movements.  This one took me deep into the pain cave.  Spent a good minute on the ground post-workout before regrouping and doing a 5-minute cool-down of incline walking on the treadmill.  Next time around, I'll force myself to go 8/7 and 5/5/5 on the thrusters to eliminate two rest periods.            

1 comment:

  1. Nice work! Looks like a tough one. Thrusters and burpees are brutal back to back. Good fight, I'm sure your time was better this time around.

    ReplyDelete