Thursday, October 3, 2013

Thursday, October 3, 2013

8th & I

15 minutes (rotating OTM):  

4 power cleans (165)
8 dips
16 box jumps (24)

Squat 1 x 5 @ 65%; 3 x 5 @ 75%

200; 230

Front squat 4 x 5 @ 65%

170

Notes:  Power cleans stayed crisp throughout.  Never had to catch with a wide stance or alter pulling mechanics.  Dips were awesome through three rounds, got tough and the fourth, and then went just shy of failure on the fifth round.  These really should be ring dips, but my strength level isn't quite there on the bodyweight pressing movements.  Box jumps were clean today.  16 reps really keeps the heart rate elevated, but that's what I look for in a perfect OTM-style session.  I want all reps to be clean and I want my heart rate to be elevated throughout.  I don't have a specific heart rate number -- it's more of a "feel" thing.  You don't want to be gasping for air, but you want to be "in the zone."  One last note:  I want to try some "bounding" on the 30-inch box.  Ben Brown tells me that he's tried it lately and it has made his 24-inch box jumps feel easy.

Tomorrow will be my first formal "test," so to speak, of the season.  I'll be testing my benchmark snatch/burpee workout.  My hope is to video it so I can watch it and really see where I'm excelling/breaking down.       

No comments:

Post a Comment