Monday, October 28, 2013

Monday, October 28, 2013

Row 2K (time trial)

7.19.1(pr); 1.49.7 (26)

Notes:  Alright!  Met my goal of going sub-7.20.  Ended up going a little faster than expected and still had a good amount of juice at the end.  Oddly, once it was over, I basically took a few breaths and then stood up and grabbed some water.  I felt fine just a few seconds after it was over.  Splits went 1.50.4, 1.50.7, 1.50.5, and 1.47.5.  I could really feel the benefit of all the aerobic work.  Will continue a steady diet of aerobic-based intervals, aerobic restoration work, and sport-specific pieces (i.e., 2Ks & 5Ks at reduced RPEs).  Plus, I can't wait to incorporate some Airdyne.  Warmed up with 5 minutes in Z1, a 1K at ~1.58 pace, and two 30-second sprints holding the monitor sub-1.45.  This had me primed aerobically and neurologically.  I feel as though my body has a 7.10 in it right now.  With continued hard work, I believe that I can attain my lifetime goal of going sub-7 minutes.  If so, I believe that I'll have the necessary work capacity to attain my goals in this year's Open.            

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the 2k PR. Very impressive! Here comes the freight train we've been hearing about. Keep up the good work. I want to take you to the track and run 400's next weekend.

    BSP

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice going Ben. The best part is that you were fine so quickly after it was over. That's a very good sign.

    ReplyDelete