Monday, October 7, 2013

Monday, October 7, 2013

Row 45 minutes (aerobic restoration)

9,398 meters; 2.23.6 (20) (146)

Notes:  This workout served a few purposes for me.  First, it was an "aerobic reset" after not having rowed since last Monday.  I wanted to get the correct systems firing as I move into somewhat more intense workouts this week.  Second, it was a bit a detox after eating a bunch of crap in the last 48 hours (cookie, brownies, pancakes, another cookie, milkshake, etc.).  Third, it set the tone for a week that will hopefully culminate with a new 1 RM on squat.  The row itself got off to a bit of a rocky start.  My heart rate quickly went to 135+ and I was nervous that I was in for a long night.  Fortunately, I settled in a bit and actually rowed a negative split.  No blood sugar issues either.  Going after a 4-minute tempo "Grace" tomorrow (1 clean & jerk every 8 seconds for 4 minutes).        

No comments:

Post a Comment