Friday, October 18, 2013

Friday, October 18, 2013

Row 45 minutes (aerobic restoration) (am)

9,448 meters; 2.22.8 (20) (153)

8th & I (pm)

Squat 1 x 5 @ 60%; 1 x 5 @ 65%; 2 x 5 @ 70%

185; 200; 215

Front squat 1 x 5 @ 60%; 1 x 5 @ 70%; 1 x 5 @ 75%; 1 x 5 @ 80%

160; 185; 200; 210

12 minutes (alternating OTM):

6 strict pull-ups
18 box jumps (24)
12 push-ups

Notes:  This was the best I've ever felt, by far, on a rowing workout.  My mind was in a great place, my body felt incredible, and the rowing came easy.  Felt as though I could've rowed for another 45 minutes.  Pace was significantly faster than past aerobic restoration pieces.  Heart rate did cross over the 150 cap; however, I wasn't concerned since I was feeling so good otherwise.  Only real difference between this row and my others was that it was done early in the morning and in a fasted state.  This was exciting to see because I'm planning to do rowing and Airdyne workouts in the morning before work once I move to the Cape.

Did 5 minutes of incline walking on the treadmill as a warm-up and cool-down.  I particularly liked this as a cool-down.  My achilles' were burning up bad.  Legs felt strong on squats today.  I wasn't sure how things would go after rowing in the morning, but they went well.  Had hope to make it at least 15 minute on the OTM-segment; however, my strict pull-ups started breaking down.  I actually had to break the 4th set 4/1/1.  Push-ups were also a struggle on the 4th set.  Got in-and-out of gym in 90 total minutes again, which is my new goal.  This goes by very quickly, but I think it's important to contain the sessions, particularly if I'm doing am/pm.  Overall, a high-quality training day.  Rewarding myself with a root beer float tonight.         

2 comments:

  1. Just when I thought you'd given up on anything easy...hee hee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Given up? Naw, dude! I'm just getting started with the "easy" stuff. Just wait until I have my Airdyne and Concept 2 set up in my garage in a few weeks. I definitely believe in the "easy" stuff. I suppose I just believe that it has less of a place in the training template than you do. I believe in a mix of high intensity, moderate intensity, and low intensity.

      Delete