Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

8th & I

3 rounds, not for time, of:

12 C2B
4 pistols/leg
15 GHD sit-ups

Clean & jerk 5 x 3 (must complete all three reps in less than 30 seconds) (rest exactly 2 minutes and 30 seconds between sets)

155, 165, 175, 175, 175

AMRAP in 12 minutes of:

10 HSPU
15 WB shots
20 KB swings (24)

2 rounds + 9 KB swings

Notes:  Met goal of completing entire session, door-to-door, in under 90 minutes (15-minute warm-up/75 minutes for the actual workout).  Need to be more diligent about working mobility at other times so I don't have to worry about it as much before training sessions.  Had neither great rhythm on the C2Bs nor much "pop" on the GHD sit-ups.  Right ankle, as usual, was stiff as a board on pistols.  Loved the Invictus-inspired barbell segment.  Need to get back into doing more of their barbell stuff as I was really making progress with it.  The twist today was that each clean & jerk triple had to be completed within 30 seconds.  I utilized a power clean/push jerk and dropped each rep from the top.  May try tough-and-go next time around to see if that's more efficient.  These were actually my best ever push jerks, even though the weight isn't that impressive.  I'm slowly learning to drive myself under the bar with an aggressive re-dip of the knees.  Key for me is drive the barbell back through my chin rather than allowing it to get out in front of me.  The AMRAP turned out to be a lower-back special.  The old squat/KB swing combination got me again.  My kip is improving dramatically on HSPUs, which is good.  Unfortunately, I had to really slow down on this one due to tightness in the lower back.      

No comments:

Post a Comment