Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

8th & I

Power snatch 15 x 3 @ 70% (OTM)

125

Squat 1 x 10 @ 60%; 1 x 8 @ 70%; 1 x 8 @ 75%; 1 x 8 @ 80%

185; 215; 230; 245

Front squat 1 x 5 @ 60%; 1 x 5 @ 65%; 2 x 5 @ 70%

160; 170; 185

Notes:  This was a Regionals-caliber training session.  Things started off nicely with the OTM-style power snatches.  I flipped 125 around like a boss.  Mobility was good in the glutes and hamstrings, which allowed me to achieve a powerful set-up position.  I pulled the bar back into the hips with good hamstring tension.  Today's set of 8 squats at 245 was one of the top three hardest squat sets I've ever attempted.  It was absolutely bone-crushing.  I knew I was in trouble when 230 was a grind.  Truthfully, I knew I was in trouble the night before when I couldn't stop thinking about today's set.  I went to a special place on the last three or so reps and had to completely empty the tank.  All of the Marines in the gym were staring at me because I was screaming so loud on each rep.  Fortunately, the front squats were light today, otherwise I wouldn't have been able to do them.  I drove home in a complete daze and crashed on the couch.  Definitely earned myself a complete recovery row tomorrow.  I'll sleep well tonight knowing that I got better and stronger today for having put myself through such a brutal workout.  I can't wait to clean heavy on Saturday morning and feel this leg strength.    

No comments:

Post a Comment