Monday, August 19, 2013

Monday, August 19, 2013

Row 40 minutes

10 minutes @ 130-145

10 minutes @ 150-160

5 minutes @ 130-145

10 minutes @ 150-160

5 minutes @ 130-145

Notes:  This was Fendler "wave" training, and it was really great.  Wasn't able to get specific data because of the odd timing of the waves.  However, I tried to hold a 2.19 pace on the low waves and a 2.13 pace on the high waves, which kept me well within the proper heart rate zones.  Touched 151 on the first high wave and 157 on the second high wave, but I was never in jeopardy of crossing the 160 threshold.  This was a very comfortable training zone and it felt good on the body.  I was sweating like crazy, but never had to "grind" to keep my paces.  Very restorative, actually.  Interestingly, I found the most challenging part of the workout to be shifting from a high wave down to a low wave.  It just felt a bit awkward and I had to really slow my pace in order to fall back within the sub-145 range.  For example, I had to slow down to a 2.40 pace on the last 5 minutes just to get down to 130.  In other words, I found it difficult to keep the heart rate low on the low waves, yet I found that I had plenty of room to go on the high waves without touching the cap.  All I can think about is testing a 2K in the somewhat near future to see what type of impact this aerobic training is having.        

No comments:

Post a Comment