Saturday, August 17, 2013

Saturday, August 17, 2013

8th & I

10 x 1 hang clean + 1 clean (every 90 seconds for 15 minutes)

135, 155, 165, 175, 175, 175, 175, 175, 185, 185

Push press 5 x 3 @ 80% (perform 3 bar muscle-ups between each set)

165

Notes:  I'm loving the Invictus-inspired barbell work.  It allows for a lot of quality volume within a manageable timeframe.  There's also a major "breathing" component to the format, which forces you to brace tight with an elevated heart rate -- the essence of CrossFit.  I stayed at 175 for most sets because I was having trouble recovering between sets.  I would only have about 60-70 seconds to recover, which adds up quickly.  Arms felt a little beat up on the push presses, but I was able to get the work in.  First time doing bar muscle-up since April, but I was able to do each of the triples unbroken.  Really focused on sitting up aggressively and "finding my toes."  If you do it correctly, then you get "pop" that really springs you over the bar.  If you miss it, then the movement is difficult.  I'm hoping these reinforce some good mechanics that will transfer over to regular muscle-ups.  Squatting tomorrow as well as wall ball/T2B/power clean metcon intervals.  

No comments:

Post a Comment