Friday, August 2, 2013

Friday, August 2, 2013

Fitness 500 (am)

8 x 1 power clean + 1 hang clean + 1 front squat + 1 pause front squat (OT2M)

155

For 10 minutes (alternating OTM):  3 presses (125) & 6 strict pull-ups

Airdyne 30 x 30 seconds (85%)/30 seconds (50%)

Notes:  Nice to be back in the gym after a hellacious two days of sitting all day and eating like crap.  I felt some general fatigue today, but it was good to reintroduce some basic movement back to the body.  I plan to really start hammering away once I get back to Virginia on Sunday.  One of my points of emphasis is going to be upper body strength.  I was really disappointed today with my strict pull-ups.  I completed 6 reps on the first set, but then dropped to 5, 4, 4, and 3.  There is a lot of room for improvement here, and I think I need to really dedicate some time to it and also pay more attention to my weight.  I'm sitting at 200 right now and probably need to slowly move that down a bit to the 190 range.  Nothing drastic, but it needs to happen in order for me to be competitive on the gymnastics movements.   

Airdyne segment was good today.  I took it up to 75-77 RPMs on the intense portion and then backed it off to sub-50 RPMs on the recovery.  This worked well and took my heart rate up to 176 on the final few intervals.  I didn't have great overall energy today, so I'm pretty happy to have just gotten in the work.  

No comments:

Post a Comment