Friday, August 16, 2013

Friday, August 16, 2013

8th & I

3 x AMRAP in 4 minutes of:

8 KB swings (55)
8 T2B
8 box jumps (24)

Rest 1 minute between rounds.  Continue rounds 2 & 3 from where previous round ended.

8 rounds + 6 KB swings

Notes:  I'm not certain about my score on this one because the format had me all twisted around in terms of keeping track.  The only thing I'm certain of is that I completed 3 rounds + 8 KB swings & 5 T2B in the first 4-minute AMRAP.  After that, my T2B broke down and I had to resort to a lot of "swinging singles."  I felt like a monster on box jumps and utilized the double-bounding technique where it was touch-and-go off both the box and floor.  Swings were very manageable, particularly when I remembered to relax the arms and keep the shoulder blades back and down.  This allowed the bell to float up closer to the body instead of swinging out with wide arc.  The first 4-minute AMRAP was awesome conditioning work; however, I wasn't able to find a groove on the last two due to a bottleneck at the T2B station.  Need to keep hammering away at these and also get over to JBAB soon where I can incorporate some GHD sit-ups.  Lots of food and stretching tonight to prepare for another big training day on Saturday.  Good momentum right now.    

No comments:

Post a Comment