Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Airdyne 45 minutes (Z1) (am)

Fitness 500 (pm)

3 rounds, not for time, of:

8 ring rows
12 push-ups (hand-release)
12 box jumps (24)

Snatch pulls 3, 3, 2, 2, 2, 2

135, 155, 165, 175, 175, 175, 175

AMRAP in 7 minutes of:

Row 250 meters
15 S2O (135)
60 double-unders

2 rounds + row 250 meters

Notes:  Nice and steady on the aerobic piece.  Felt long this morning.  Heart rate only got up to mid-140s, but legs were definitely working hard.  Once the Open starts, it will be important to avoid the Airdyne in the days before the actual workout.  It'll be a great recovery tool right after the workout and early in the week, but it simply deadens the legs too much.  Rowing is much better in terms of allowing your legs to feel fresh the next day.

Good training session tonight.  Finally brought a decent effort.  Added some ring rows since I can't do vertical pulling right now (muscle-ups, T2B, C2B).  Hopefully they will help my shoulder and allow me to maintain some pulling strength.  I am horrible at ring rows -- sets of 8 with my feet on the ground were very difficult.  Did snatch pulls today because I can't turn over the bar right now for an actual snatch.  Pulls are nice because you can work a little heavier.  Dug pretty deep on the metcon.  Did the first round of S2O and double-unders unbroken.  Felt extremely strong on the S2O.  Broke the second set 10/5, which leaves a bitter taste in my mouth.  I could've dug deeper and gotten all 15.  Sprinted the final 250-meter row to finish just in time.  Good combination of movements for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment