Sunday, February 9, 2014

Sunday, February 9, 2014

Fitness 500

AMRAP in 10 minutes of:

5 power cleans (145)
10 GHD sit-ups
15 box jumps (24)

5 rounds + 5 power cleans

Notes:  Total smoker on the quads.  I forgot how badly GHD sit-ups smoke the quads.  This was simply a matter of how much fire you were willing to live with in your legs.  I was willing to live with some, but not nearly enough to complete 6 or 7 rounds, which is where I need to be in order to reach my goals in this year's Open.  145# felt really heavy in the last few rounds.  It's interesting -- strength is there and aerobic system is there, but these metcons aren't yet coming together the way I'd hope they would.  Still about 3 weeks left before the first Open workout, though.

Overall, it was a good training week despite the shoulder injury.  4 high-quality aerobic workouts this week, plus another one if you count the walk with Sayde.  Set one PR by cleaning 205 for a 1 + 1 + 1.  This week is all about correcting my shoulder issues and trying to hit the workouts with greater intensity.

4 comments:

  1. What are your goals for the Open?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To improve my standing from last year. I was Top 1,000 in 2012 and Top 900 in 2013. I'd like to be Top 800 (or better) in 2013.

      Delete
  2. I think he's planning on winning...

    Ben...do you think yesterday's heavy squatting and 100WB's might have fatigued your quads just a little?

    Seriously...the farther back you pull the arrow, the farther it goes. You are still pulling the arrow back...don't you think?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, heavy squatting and 100 WB certainly fatigued my quads. But, I expect to be able to keep doing box jumps without having to stop for air. As for the arrow analogy, well, we'll just have to wait and see.

      Delete