Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Fitness 500

Front squat 8 x 3 @ 80-85% (OTM)

210

6 x 1 power clean + 1 clean (rest 2 minutes)

185, 195, 205, 205, 205, 205

6 x 4 power cleans (155) + 8 burpees (OTM) (f)

For time:

60 front-rack barbell step-ups (95)

5.15

Notes:  Front squats felt super heavy.  Legs must still be rocked from the weekend.  Came alive a bit and completed some nice power cleans at 205.  Shoulder feel fine turning over cleans and in the front rack position, so that's good.  Very disappointed with my performance on the OTM piece.  It was a test of mental fortitude and, once again, I was unwilling to display any.  Made it through 5 minutes.  This was totally doable, but you had to have been willing to "go there."  I know that I'm hard on myself, but it's because I know that more is possible.  The step-ups were a neat finisher.  Rx'd would've been 115# onto a 24-inch box; however, I made the right choice by scaling to 95# and a 20-inch box.  Very difficult to maintain torso posture.  And then it became difficult to control breathing once the upper back rounded.  My right leg is definitely weaker than my left leg, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment