Sunday, March 2, 2014

Sunday, March 2, 2014

CrossFit Hyannis

CrossFit Games Open Workout 14.1

AMRAP in 10 minutes of:

30 double-unders
15 power snatches (75)

Score:  261

Notes:  Well, I gave this one all I had.  Unfortunately, it's a bit below where I had hoped to score based on some comparable athletes.  I simply couldn't handle the pain in the last few minutes of the workout.  I was hoping for a burst of energy in the last two minutes, but it wasn't there.  I'm very happy with my game-plan and think it was proper.  I planned on being able to dig a little deeper, but that's okay.  Had hoped to complete my 6th round of snatches and then crank some double-unders to get me to 300.  Overall, it's a huge improvement over my score of 218 back in 2011 -- almost a full round.  No time to feel sad for yourself -- the Open is a marathon; not a sprint.  It's time to put 14.1 in the rear-view mirror and prepare for a big performance next weekend.  

No comments:

Post a Comment