Sunday, June 30, 2013

Sunday, June 30, 2013

8th & I

Squat 10 x 2 @ 87% (rest 2 minutes between sets)

260

Deadlift 1, 1, 1

345, 355, 365(pr)

3 x 10 ring dips & 10 ring rows (rest 2 minutes between sets)

Notes:  Spent a lot of time opening up the hips, particularly the inner hips with "frog" pose, and it helped me achieve an awesome bottom position.  I was able to maintain a rigid torso even when dropping well below parallel.  Weight felt light on the back after working up to 305 last Sunday.  I've very excited about setting a new deadlift personal record.  It has been a long time coming.  If I'm not mistaken, I reached 355 in April of 2010 and finally broke through today -- more than three years later!  The weight yanked me a bit off the floor and caused my hips to rise a little, but that's going to happen at the margins.  Enjoyed the ring dip/ring row combination.  Made it through all three sets of the ring dips unbroken, but had to increase the rest period to two minutes to do so.  Ditched the box on the last two sets of ring rows and it made it a bit easier, but still difficult.  Also, I found a perfect place to hang rings outside at 8th & I that will allow me to do muscle-ups (both bar and ring) in the future, so that's great news.            

No comments:

Post a Comment