Saturday, June 29, 2013

Saturday, June 29, 2013

8th & I

Power snatch 3 x 3; 3 x 2; 3 x 1

115, 125, 135; 145, 155, 160(f); 165(f), 165(f), 165

Then, 2 x 10 at 95 (for speed and efficiency)

Notes:  Today was a nice reminder about the good and bad that comes with power snatching.  I felt like a horse up through the double at 155.  Things started to go awry after I missed the second rep at 160.  My footwork got sloppy on the singles and my feet went out wide on the successful attempt at 165.  This is the problem with power snatching:  once you hit a certain weight, you simply cannot pull the bar high enough to catch it with proper footwork.  You start doing funny/dangerous things with your feet to get "under" the bar.  You should, in actuality, start truly pulling under into a full snatch.  I suppose I just need to be cognizant of it and continue focusing on proper footwork.  I really like the sets of 10 at 95.  Both sets felt great and didn't jack my heart rate as much as I had expected.  Probably would have managed a slightly higher weight (~105) or slightly higher reps (12-15).   

1 comment:

  1. First off, nice sound track. Secondly, nice snatches all the way up to 160#. Thats still a big number and great improvement in one year. Naturally things start to plateau at certain points. Do not get discouraged as you will break through this at some point. Keep banging away. Oh, and don't always go so heavy even if it is only prescribed for 1 rep. Sometimes a lower weight with more "crisp pop" and form will benefit you more in the long run (sub maximal). Really nice set of 10 at 95#.

    BSP

    ReplyDelete